Getting Over Someone By Getting Under Someone Else
Might As Well Use Every Trick in the Book, Game On
There are so many different ways people choose to get over a bad breakup. Some people eat their feelings, some people drink their feelings, some people fuck away their feelings. Of course, any guru transformative asshat will tell you that you shouldn’t do any of those things, instead, you should feel your feelings.
Well, guess what? I’m not a transformative asshat guru. I’m more like a hot mess that can write a sentence or two and I’m here to tell you that if you want to shove gallons of ice cream down your throat, or chug a bottle of tequila or fuck your next Tinder match within minutes of meeting– go for it.
Who the fuck am I to tell anyone what they can or can’t do?
Personally, I love rebound sex.
We can’t all spend every hour of every day “processing our feelings.” Barf. Of course, you probably should spend SOME time processing your feelings but it’s okay to take a break from it, to take an actual actionable step toward recovery. Sometimes that action is getting action.
Here are some reasons to love rebound sex.
- Rebound Sex can distract you from your pain for a brief moment in time.
- Rebound Sex can help you discover more about your sexuality.
- Rebound Sex can get you over that withdraw of touch you’ve been trying to overcome.
- Calories burned!
- Connection to another human.
- Rebound sex can help you release neurotransmitters in your brain that actually improve your mood.
- Rebound sex can give you a self-esteem boost. (Let’s be real, even if you love yourself and all of that, it’s nice to feel wanted.)
- Rebound sex can let you explore different sex stuff that you didn’t get to do with your ex. Pegging, anyone?
- Rebound sex is great exercise.
- Oh, yeah, and ORGASMS.
Sure, sure, sex isn’t ALL about orgasms but gee golly it sure is nice to have one or a hundred in a night.
My recent rebound sex has been phenomenal. Damn. Starting to sweat just thinking about it. It took me like two days to recover and start walking properly again. Have I gotten over my ex (who was never my ex because we were never technically together)? Not entirely. Let’s be real. Have I been feeling my feelings? Yes. Because I can feel feelings and eat ice cream and drink tequila and have sex because it doesn’t hurt to try everything, right?
Rebound game on.
Want to Buy Your Own Ref Costume (Or for Someone You Love)? Here’s one similar to the one in my video:
Leg Avenue Women’s No Rules Referee