A slightly healthier pancake option
I had heard about pancakes made with bananas before but something about it always seemed kind of gross to me. Probably because it took me 33 years to be able to eat bananas at all. The thought of bananas smoothed out and then cooked wasn’t that appealing. BUT, I decided to give banana pancakes a whirl and I was pleasantly surprised. They have all the classic pancake traits, fluffy, moist, sweet, but with just a slight banana flavor. I think the blueberries, pecans, and syrup really help to layer on the flavor and texture.
If you have extra bananas sitting around on the verge of turning, this is a great way to use them. Quick and simple and they don’t even use flour, so you gluten-free freaks may rejoice!
The blueberries and nuts are optional and you can substitute any other topping or none at all if you so desire. You can also double or triple the batch if you have more people to feed. This recipe is ideal for two people (or two meals) or if you’re cooking a whole breakfast spread, these make a nice addition.
Your mouth deserves this banana pancake delight.
Banana Pancakes with Blue Balls and Nuts Recipe
What You Need:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 medium bananas, peeled
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- A pinch salt
- A handful of blueberries
- A handful of pecans
What You Do:
- Heat a well-greased large skillet or griddle to medium high.
- Put the oats, bananas, milk, honey and salt in a blender and blend up smoothish.
- Pour batter with ladle into small rounds onto the greased skillet.
- Drop a couple of pecans and/or blueberries on top.
- The pancakes will start creating air pocket bubbles to help you know they are cooked on the bottom. The spatula should easily slide under the pancake when ready to flip (around 2 minutes)
- Once flipped over, cook an additional minute. (This recipe makes about 8 small pancakes.)
- I topped mine with a sugar-free pecan syrup and more blueberries and pecans. Obviously do it your way.
I hope you loved BANANA MONTH! For more Phallic Food Diet Recipes including even more Banana Fun check out my Basic Bitch Banana Bread with a Phallic Diet Twist here.
Support Go Eat a Carrot on Patreon for fun food facts and just the tip–sex tips, and more!