Onion Rings on Your Footlong? If You Insist…
Hot Dog Month continues with featured guest Cooking with Julien. This footlong Kielbasa is inspired by all things Reno, where self-taught chef and entrepreneur Julien now resides. Inspired by both the nondescript onion (native to the state) to the more risqué side of Nevada (and also, let’s face it, native to the state)–legalized prostitution– he has created the Reno Footlong.
He said of this creation, “The dog is all over the place, because that’s how the people are up here.”
I don’t know about anyone else, but I’d certainly eat an onion right off a footlong kielbasa.
Would I pay to do it? Well, I’m not in Nevada, so no.
But I digress.
The Reno FootLong Kielbasa Recipe
What You Need:
- Kielbasa footlong sausage
- onion rings (frozen or homemade)
What You Do:
- Bake or fry your onion rings
- Dice your onion and tomatoes
- Cook or grill your footlong kielbasa by your preferred method
- Lightly toast your baguette (or don’t!)
- Spread mayo and mustard on the baguette
- Slide the footlong kielbasa into the warm bread
- Top with diced onions, tomatoes, relish, and jalapeños
- Finish off with onions rings
- Shove in mouth
Want to check out more of the amazing food coming out of Cooking with Julien’s kitchen? Check out his Instagram here.
Get more Phallic Food diet recipes. Including more from Hot Dog Month with special guest, Chubstep’s Chicago Style Phallic Hot Dog with Cumback Sauce.
Support Go Eat a Carrot on Patreon for fun food facts and just the tip–sex tips, and more!