The first recipe for the Phallic Food Diet Cookbook is a delicious and easy to make carrot ginger soup.
I refuse to be one of those people who write a novel before the recipe. I really do not care how much it helps the SEO. You deserve better than that.
So, here is the carrot ginger soup recipe:
Nut and Cream Topped Carrot Ginger Soup
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Serves 3 to 4
What You Need
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 5-6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3 heaping cups chopped carrots
- 1+ tablespoon grated (or chopped fine) fresh ginger (adjust according to taste)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper
For the Nut & Cream Finish (Optional)
- Plain greek yogurt (or non-dairy if vegan)
- Put Some Nuts in Your Mouth Pecan Pesto (recipe to come next week)
What You Do
- Get out a large pot. Put it on the stove. Add olive oil to the pot. Turn the heat up to medium.
- Add the onions and a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add the smashed garlic cloves and chopped carrots to the pot and cook about 8 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Toss in the ginger, apple cider vinegar, the vegetable broth (and nutmeg, cayenne pepper if using). Reduce to a simmer and cook until the carrots turn from hard to soft, about 30 minutes. (Perfect time to make that Pesto if using)
- Let cool slightly.
- Transfer to a blender. Blend until smooth. (It certainly may not go super smoothly if it all doesn’t fit in blender at once, but it is worth the mess or the potential investment in an immersion blender.)
- Once blended you can re-adjust the seasonings to your taste.
Finally, the fun part!
Pour the carrot ginger soup into a bowl. Take a spoonful of greek yogurt and wap it on top of the soup. Top the creamy yogurt with the Put Some Nuts in Your Mouth Pecan Pesto. Eat. Enjoy. Yum.
Want to learn a fun fact about the carrot? Check out this Go Eat a Carrot Patreon video.
Want to further your reading? Check out Do We Really Want to Go Back to Normal? Thoughts on the pandemic.
Or after you eat your carrots perhaps you will be filling lusty, if that is the case, have you experimented with any new toys lately? Love Honey has Sexy Advet Calendars now. That will give you something to do (toys) or wear (lingerie) like every day for many days to come. Click on image below to discover more!
Thanks for coming.